Jacaranda regularly reproduces unique designs proposed by our customers, and adapts Jacaranda’s stock designs made-to-measure to custom colour schemes. These designs may be hand-tufted or hand-knotted from wool, silk and TENCEL™.
All our factories are registered with GoodWeave, a wonderful not for profit organisation dedicated to ending child and tied labour in the rug industry. To use the GoodWeave label our factories have to follow GoodWeave’s code of conduct and make themselves available for independent, random inspections.
How to order
At its simplest, please view the Refined hand-knotted rugs that Jacaranda holds in stock sized 200x300cm or 250x350cm. These can be ordered for immediate delivery.
All bespoke commissions for hand-knotted or hand-tufted, are coordinated by Jacaranda’s in-house design team using the following:
- Designs. Unique from the customer or an adaption of Jacaranda’s
- Colours. Chosen from Chromatone™ poms or matched to textiles, paint samples or wallpaper
- Dimensions. Please note that rug sizes may vary by up to 5%. We recommend only hand-tufted rugs for inset locations which should be ordered over-size and cut in on site
- Samples. To help customers refine their design, we can provide samples to show our the different qualities, knot counts, yarns and carving options
- CAD drawings. Created by Jacaranda for customer approval. Yarn approval may be needed for non-Chromatone colours
- Strike Offs. 27 x 27cm samples are necessary for all commissions that are not a complete copy of a Jacaranda design. These take 6 weeks, are chargeable but refundable with order
- Photograph. With each hand-knotted rug order, a photograph will be taken and shared as the design takes shape on the loom
- Production normally takes:
- 12 – 14 weeks for hand-tufted carpets or rugs
- 14 – 18 weeks for Himalayan hand-knotted rugs
- Very large or intricate commissions, or deliveries outside the UK may take longer