Caring for TENCEL™ & viscose
Caring correctly for any carpet or rug is the key to it looking beautiful for many years.
When your Jacaranda carpet is first fitted, please vacuum it frequently. Some fiber loss or ‘shedding’ is normal for new carpets, it does not affect appearance or performance and soon stops with frequent vacuuming.
Please continue to vacuum regularly throughout the life of your carpet to keep it looking clean and beautiful. For best results on carpets with:
- Cut pile, use an upright model with any beater bars turned off for regular cleaning, they can be turned on to lift pile that may have flattened in high traffic areas
- Loops in the pile, use a cylinder vacuum with a smooth nozzle and no beater bar
To lengthen life:
- Place barrier mats by doors but clean them often
- Use castor mats under all castor chairs
- Add furniture cups under the legs of furniture
- Lay non-slip underlay under all rugs
- Rotate rugs regularly to spread wear
- Buy a Jacaranda Host Emergency Spot Cleaning Kit in case of accidents
Spills and stains
Most carpets, like fabrics, will stain from spills of everyday liquids like coffee or red wine. To minimize damage when you spot a problem, act fast to:
- Pick up any solids using a spoon or blunt knife
- Blot up liquid gently with plain, white, absorbent paper such as kitchen towel
- Keep blotting gently, change paper regularly until it comes back dry
- Never rub or scrub which can ‘burst’ the pile surface causing permanent damage
- Do not add water
- Avoid home cleaning chemicals which may set the stain, damage the pile, or leave a sticky residue prone to re-soiling
If the stain remains the safest choice is to call in a professional carpet cleaner, or you may tackle fresh stains using Jacaranda’s Host Emergency Spot Cleaning Kit.
Professional cleaning and stain proofing
When your carpet needs a proper clean, you should contact a reputable professional and take their advice as to the best method. Please click here for Jacaranda’s recommended professional cleaners. For your guidance they should recommend dry extraction. Cold wet extraction cleaning is possible for stubborn stains on TENCEL™ and viscose but specialist knowledge is essential.
Stain proofing treatments won’t make carpets invincible, prompt removal of spills is still key, but treatments should buy time and make stains easier for professionals to remove. Stain treatments should always be applied by professionals. Application of stain proofing chemicals on TENCEL™ and viscose requires specialist expertise. For your guidance, water based protectors need to be applied in several light layers for optimum protection, solvent based protectors can be easier to apply however please ensure good ventilation to the area. Stain protection should be reapplied after every deep clean.